bmobile Toll Free TB Info 7676 2482
Businesses for Health: TB (B4H: TB) has been established to assist private sector businesses deal with the problems associated with the current TB epidemic in PNG. Our mission is to ensure every workplace can respond immediately to every case of active TB. This will result in healthier and more productive workforces, with improved awareness throughout the wider community
Our Fee for service / annual subscription philosophy is based upon the following principles:
· The economic benefits of a productive TB-free workforce more than compensate for the associated costs of achieving this.
· Knowledge and skills acquired in the workplace will flow out into the general community, and have a significant benefit for PNG society at large.
· Successful implementation of the program will require the leadership of a highly skilled, motivated and experienced professional.
· Subscription and Training fees will be kept low, to ensure that smaller local companies (where the bulk of the problem lies) can afford to subscribe. These fees will therefore be set at a level which covers only the direct costs of providing training and advisory services.
- Higher level costs, such as oversight, strategy and management interactions are covered by Sponsor donations from the major organisations operating in PNG, as part of their corporate social responsibilities. Most of these donations need to be in cash, however there is also scope for in-kind sponsorship.
· The project is fully integrated with the services and standards set by the National Department of Health. In PNG, TB testing and treatment service are provided free of charge. However, two barriers to private sector business participating in the National TB response are a lack of awareness about TB testing and treatment processes and a lack of confidence in the quality or efficiency of the TB clinics. These barriers can be overcome by training in the TB testing and treatment processes, and by strategic support to a limited number of higher functioning TB clinics to ensure rapid testing and treatment services.
B4H: TB builds on the success of the Business Coalition against HIV and AIDS (BAHA). In 2007, BAHA led the private sector response to the HIV epidemic in PNG. At that time, the private sector fully funded an HIV specific workplace training and advocacy organisation dedicated to serve private sector workplaces in minimising the impact of HIV on business. BAHA ceased operations in 2016, when the Australian PNG Business Council proposed and the Australian government provided seed funding in 2017 to establish a replacement private sector focused workplace TB initiative. We are now 100% dependent of your support.
In respect of the private sector, the business model embraces the concept of ‘Shared Value’. Shared Value is defined as "Policies and practices that enhance the competitiveness of companies while improving social and environmental conditions in the regions where they operate. Shared value is a business strategy focused on companies creating measurable economic benefit by identifying and addressing social problems that intersect with their business.”
Ensure all workers know the signs and symptoms of TB
Ensure all workers know what to do if they are concerned about signs or symptoms of TB amongst colleagues or family members
In PNG, all TB testing and treatment is FREE. Workplace TB training will enable access to fastest TB treatment and participation in TB DOTS
Workplaces employ people with families and friends. TB Campaigns at work support the National TB program.
TB testing and Treatment pathway training
TB workplace programming
Download the Cover your Cough SONG
Cover your Cough Banner BUMPER STICKER art work