bmobile Toll Free TB Info 7676 2482
Businesses for Health: TB (B4H: TB) has been established to assist private sector businesses deal with the problems associated with the current TB epidemic in PNG. Our mission is to ensure every workplace can respond immediately to every case of active TB. This will result in healthier and more productive workforces, with improved awareness throughout the wider community
Our Fee for service / annual subscription philosophy is based upon the following principles:
· The economic benefits of a productive TB-free workforce more than compensate for the associated costs of achieving this.
· Knowledge and skills acquired in the workplace will flow out into the general community, and have a significant benefit for PNG society at large.
· Successful implementation of the program will require the leadership of a highly skilled, motivated and experienced professional.
· Subscription and Training fees will be kept low, to ensure that smaller local companies (where the bulk of the problem lies) can afford to subscribe. These fees will therefore be set at a level which covers only the direct costs of providing training and advisory services.
- Higher level costs, such as oversight, strategy and management interactions are covered by Sponsor donations from the major organisations operating in PNG, as part of their corporate social responsibilities. Most of these donations need to be in cash, however there is also scope for in-kind sponsorship.
· The project is fully integrated with the services and standards set by the National Department of Health. In PNG, TB testing and treatment service are provided free of charge. However, two barriers to private sector business participating in the National TB response are a lack of awareness about TB testing and treatment processes and a lack of confidence in the quality or efficiency of the TB clinics. These barriers can be overcome by training in the TB testing and treatment processes, and by strategic support to a limited number of higher functioning TB clinics to ensure rapid testing and treatment services.
B4H: TB builds on the success of the Business Coalition against HIV and AIDS (BAHA). In 2007, BAHA led the private sector response to the HIV epidemic in PNG. At that time, the private sector fully funded an HIV specific workplace training and advocacy organisation dedicated to serve private sector workplaces in minimising the impact of HIV on business. BAHA ceased operations in 2016, when the Australian PNG Business Council proposed and the Australian government provided seed funding in 2017 to establish a replacement private sector focused workplace TB initiative. We are now 100% dependent on your support.
In respect of the private sector, the business model embraces the concept of ‘Shared Value’. Shared Value is defined as "Policies and practices that enhance the competitiveness of companies while improving social and environmental conditions in the regions where they operate. Shared value is a business strategy focused on companies creating measurable economic benefit by identifying and addressing social problems that intersect with their business.”
Ensure all workers know the signs and symptoms of TB
Ensure all workers know what to do if they are concerned about signs or symptoms of TB amongst colleagues or family members
In PNG, all TB testing and treatment is FREE. Workplace TB training will enable access to fastest TB treatment and participation in TB DOTS
Workplaces employ people with families and friends. TB Campaigns at work support the National TB program.
TB testing and Treatment pathway training
TB workplace programming
Download the Cover your Cough SONG
Cover your Cough Banner BUMPER STICKER art work
Businesses for Health Papua New Guinea is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers.
Personal Information is obtained in many ways including correspondence, by telephone or email, via our website www.businesses4health.com, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our health promotion services to you and our marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information, we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
In Australia, sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
• Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
• Where required or authorised by law.
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Businesses for Health PNG will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
PO Box 850, Port Moresby, NCD, Papua New Guinea
+675 7676 2482